Dreaming of Thailand? This is a country that has it all, from the hustle and bustle of the big capital Bangkok with its' markets, street food and ancient temples to the local hilltribes and elephants found up north in Chang Mai! In the south are the islands where you'll find the perfect beaches, jungles and diverse underwater worlds. There's cocktails to drink, Pad Thai to eat, monthly Full Moon parties to attend and people to meet.
Here are our top 5 picks for a trip to Thailand:
1. Bangkok: This city offers a little something for everyone. Street good galore, ancient temples to explore, lots of markets for shopping and great nightlife. Buckets of cocktails on Khoa San Road is a must!
2. Koh Phi Phi: A true backpackers paradise and the most iconic island in Thailand which is home to Maya Bay (the famous movie 'The Beach' was filmed)!
3. Koh Phangan: Home to the world famous Full Moon Party held here each month! Say no more...
4. Khao Sok National Park: A jungle paradise off the beaten track where you can see thick rain-forest, huge limestone cliffs, freshwater lakes and can stay in floating bungalows!
5. Chiang Mai: A real northern gem where you can explore the hill tribes, trek through jungle and ride elephants!