Thailand: Chiang Mai Mind & Soul (1 day)
Be spirited away on this early morning Chiang Mai tour which puts you at the epicentre of Buddhist rituals. Learn to meditate, offer alms to monks, and make an offering at a temple - this is a spiritual adventure for the seekers.
- Discover local Buddhism practices and rituals at Chiang Mai temples
- Participate in centuries old local traditions by offering alms to Monks and make an offering at a temple
- Gain insight into Buddhism and Dharma at Wat U-Mong
- Experience the practice of ‘making merit’ to the Sangkha or monks at Wat Suan Dok
- Grab a typical northern Thai breakfast
- Ride in a songthaew, an iconic local public bus
Get up close and personal with Chiang Mai's Buddhist way of life on this cultural Chiang Mai tour for adventurers and soul seekers. Start your Chiang Mai tour with a scenic drive in a songthaew - an iconic public bus. As you make your way down Suthep Road, stop by Kad Ton Payom, a flea market well known for its northern Thai cuisine. Afterwards, offer alms to monks to ‘make merit’, then enjoy a traditional style Chiang Mai breakfast.
Next we'll make our way to Wat U-Mong, a 600-year-old temple famed for its large painted pagoda and underground tunnel. Soak up the peaceful atmosphere and perhaps take the opportunity to talk with the abbot about Buddhism and Dharma. From there, our Chiang Mai tour will pay a visit Wat Suan Dok temple, where you can mingle with monks and learn about their way of life. Take some time out to learn basic meditation, and cap the day off by making an offering to the Sangkha.
Departs daily (block out dates apply).
- Duration: 4 - 5 hours
- Pickup location: centrally located hotels in Chiang Mai (located within a 5 km radius of Tapae Gate).
- Pickup Time: 6:00am - 6:30am
- Drop off location: centrally located hotels in Chiang Mai (located within a 5 km radius of Tapae Gate).